The following proteins were mentioned in the animation:
- HIV-1 reverse transcriptase, 1HMV.pdb and 1RT1.pdb
- reverse transcriptase/RNA complex, 1HVU.pdb
- reverse transcriptase/DNA complex, 1RTD.pdb
- gp 120 (glycoprotein 120) complexed with IgG, 1GG1.pdb
- gp 41 (glycoprotein 41) core fragment 1AIK.pdb
- gp 41, spliced fragment (amino acids 1-34 and 41-68), 1DF4.pdb
- gag protein, with zinc, 2ZNF.pdb
- gag protein, fragment, 1FGL.pdb
- HIV nucleocapsid 1AAF.pdb
- AIDS and other Immunodeficiencies (Chapter 19) in R. A. Goldsby, T. J. Kindt,
and B. A. Osborne. Kuby Immunology, 4th edition, W. H. Freeman and
Co., pp. 467-496, 2000.
- H. Lodish, A. Berk, S. L. Zipursky. P. Matzudaira, D. Baltimore and J. Darnell.
Molecular Cell Biology, 4th edition, W. H. Freeman and Co., pp. 200-203,
409, 1065-1066, 1999.
- B. Purves, G. Orians, C. Heller and D. Sadava. Life - The Science of
Biology, 5th edition, Sinauer and W. H. Freeman and Co., pp. 264-265,
282-304, 424-426, 1998.
- L. Stryer. Biochemistry,4th edition, W. H. Freeman and Co. pp. 58,
91, 229-230, 384-386, 1995.
- R. C. Gallo. Human retroviruses in the second decade: a personal perspective.
Nature Medicine 1:753-759, 1995.
- E. Meinl , H. Fickenscher, M. Thome, J. Tschopp and B. Fleckenstein.
Anti-apoptotic strategies of lymphotropic viruses. Immunology Today
- M. Salemi, A. M. Vandamme, J. Desmyter, C. Casoli and U. Bertazzoni.
The origin and evolution of human T-cell lymphotropic virus type II (HTLV-II)
and the relationship with its replication strategy. Gene 234:11-21,
- R. A. Weiss, D. Griffiths, Y. Takeuchi, C. Patience and P. J. Venables.
Retroviruses: ancient and modern. Archives of Virology (Supplement)
Derived from H. Lodish, et al., Molecular Cell Biology text and CD-ROM, 4th
edition, © 2000 W. H. Freeman and Co. and Sumanas, Inc.
Virginia Scofield, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.
requires Macromedia Flash player
Chime Molecular Visualization Plug-in