The following proteins were mentioned in the animation:
- bcl-Xl, 1LXL.pdb and1MAZ.pdb
- caspase3, 1QA8.pdb (NOTE: release date 4/2000)
- procaspase9, 3YGS.pdb (release date 5/2000)
- R. A. Goldsby, T. J. Kindt and B. A. Osborne. Kuby Immunology,4th
edition, W. H. Freeman and Co., pp. 31-33, 243-244, and 291-292, 2000.
- H. Lodish, A. Berk, S. L. Zipursky. P. Matzudaira, D. Baltimore and J. Darnell.
Molecular Cell Biology, 4th edition, W. H. Freeman and Co., pp. 10-11,
491, 529, 1044-1050, 1999.
- B. Purves, G. Orians, C. Heller and D. Sadava. Life - The Science of
Biology, 5th edition, Sinauer and W. H. Freeman and Co., pp. 212-213,
341-342, 389, 1998.
- A . Roulston, R.C. Marcellus and P. E. Branton. Viruses and apoptosis.
Annual Review of Microbiology 53:577-628, 1999.
M. Konopleva, S. Zhao, Z. Xie, H. Segall, A. Younes, D. F. Claxton,
Z. Estrov, S. M. Kornblau and M. Andreeff. Apoptosis. Molecules
and Mechanisms. Advances in Experimental Medicine and Biology 457:217-236,
- P. Waring and A. Mullbacher. Cell death induced by the Fas/Fas ligandpathway
and its role in pathology. Immunology and Cell Biology 77:312-317,
- N. Zamzami and G. Kromer. Condensed matter in cell death. Nature401:127-8,
Derived from H. Lodish, et al., Molecular Cell Biology text and CD-ROM, 4th
edition, © 2000 W. H. Freeman and Co. and Sumanas, Inc.
Virginia Scofield, University of Southern California, Los Angeles, CA.
requires Macromedia Flash player
Chime Molecular Visualization Plug-in